Wow, already 2 1/2 weeks into the new year! Since starting back classes here at BBTI things have been busy. I have wanted to write to all of you sooner but I guess this will have to do! I appreciated hearing your comments and feedback over the last email concerning prayer and having a prayer partner. It will be great to see what God does in our lives this year!
Okay, so here is the next thing I wanted to share with you.
Whenever I think of the purpose of why we were born, why we have life, I remember Revelation 4:11 where it says,”…thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.” We exist for Him! It always reminds me that I should pursue Him like I do no other.
Just think about this…
desires not just to be a friend,
but to be our All in All…everything we need.
He can totally complete us. But how does He do this?
The answer is found in His Word
Here are a few questions I asked myself:
- Is what He thinks of me more important than what others think?
- How much time do I spend in His Word each day learning about Him? Do I guard this time?
- How often do I memorize? “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”
- Do I daily meditate on His Word?
- Do I sing praises to Him and worship him with a clean heart? (Knowing that nothing is held back, all is surrendered, and He can speak to me about any subject.)
- Do I trust Him to change me?
“With my whole heart have I sought thee:
O let me not wander from thy commandments.”
Is He really my best friend and am I pursuing Him with all my heart?